Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Introducing: More or Less Quilts

Recently I started a new project.  My Facebook (Debby Brown Quilts) and InstaGram (debbybrownquilts) followers have seen what I've been doing and now I want to show you!

I have been playing with my new thread, FabuLux from WonderFil, and I started with a spool of Olive Trees.

I swirled:

and pebbled:


and spun some ribbon candy:


My HQ Sweet Sixteen, Hazel, and I had so much fun playing on this little quilt!  I will reveal the finished quilt in my newsletter tomorrow.  

I have a new feature in my newsletter called More or Less.  It's about quilting design.  Have you ever finished a quilt and been mostly happy with it but thought, "If I were to do this again, I'd change this one thing"?  Well, I am doing a whole series of quilts and each time I'm changing that one thing.  I have no idea where this project will take me but I'm excited for the journey.

If you want to follow along, sign up for my newsletter HERE.

2 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

I'm a new follower over from FB....love your quilting. what weight is this new thread? It is gorgeous ribbon candy....love it!

Debby Brown said...

The thread is 40 weight trilobal 3 ply poly and I LOVE IT!!!