Friday, May 01, 2015

Friday Favorites

I was home for over a week, and that means that I found my kitchen!  My newest obsession is the Oh She Glows Cookbook.  I am using the library's copy but hope for now that someone will take the strong hint to buy a copy for me for my birthday (cough*hubby*cough).

Every recipe I've tried has been delightful.

page 29  Effortless Vegan Overnight Oats.  I mix this up and keep it in the fridge. Breakfast is now a breeze!


And it's pretty, too!  Yes, that's a Hello Kitty bowl; don't judge me.

page 61 Cheerful Chocolate Smoothie.  I made this as a treat for hubby and I.  It was definitely NOT a milkshake, but it has serious potential.  See:


mmmmmmm.

page 147 Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado Cream Sauce.  The paragraph describing this recipe starts with "You just might forget all about cheese when you take your first bite of these..."  Color me: skeptical.  However, this cheese-loving gal didn't miss the cheese at all!  I wasn't expecting to love these (I don't love Mexican food and I do love cheese), but I raved about these the entire time I ate them and for hours after.  I'm still raving now!  This made enough for two meals so got to enjoy them twice.  Note:  they were spicier the second time around.  Look how pretty they are:


page 183 Creamy Vegetable Curry.  I made this for dinner for hubby and I and it was yummy.  My son and his wife loved the leftovers for lunch the next day, too!

page 197 Pan-Seared Garlic Tofu.  I can't explain why I love tofu so much, but I do.  I really, really do.

page 225 Mighty Chia Pudding Parfait.  My afternoon snack.  Nom, nom, nom.

Note:  I am an omnivore and enjoy all different types of food.  I like to follow a vegan diet as often as possible, though.  

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I am going to HAVE TO look up this book!!!! Being lactose intolerant is a cheese-lovers nightmare of sorts and I love Mexican!!!!! Thanks so much and I'm not even going to 'hint'......LOL! Oh, Hubbs.......