Saturday, April 25, 2015

Two and two-half movies

Aside from arriving at a foreign destination, the high point of the actual travel day is watching movies.  I rarely watch movies at home; I listen to old favorite movies while quilting instead of watching new movies.

Coming home from Australia, I watched shockingly few movies.

Fury
It was a WWII movie starring Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf.   I love WWII movies so I am biased, but this was pretty good considering I watched it while it skipped and dissolved on my lousy seatback monitor.

The Imitation Game
I wish I could say I watched the Imitation Game.  I dozed through the movie and the monitor stopped working when I tried to replay it.  I will definitely get this from the library and watch the whole thing some time.

Argo
I've seen this before and liked it, so I watched it again.  Thank you, Canada.

The Departed
I dozed through this one but got the general idea.  Who isn't in this movie?  Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Vera Famiga, Alec Baldwin, Mark Rolston, J. C. MacKenzie, and more.  Spoiler alert:  Everybody dies.  OK, not everybody, but you get the idea.

I currently have no overseas trips planned, so I'm not sure when I'll watch another movie!

No comments: