Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Globetrotting, Block 6: St. Louis (review)

I've finished all of the qiulting on block 6 of my 2014 Pat Sloan block of the month.  Whee!!!  I hope to finish this 2014 block of the month before the end of 2015.  It's good to have goals.

Here's the block:



And here's the plan:


I was never convinced that this plan was a good one, but I let it work itself out in time.

I first quilted the straight lines:



and then more straight lines:



Then I quilted some ribbon candy:



Next I quilted some swirls:



And finally I quilted some curved lines, deciding at last how to quilt those triangles:



Here's what the finished block looks like:


I think I like how those triangles turned out, after all!

Here are the other blocks in review:

Globetrotting Block 1 Washington DC (in review)
Globetrotting Block 2 Venice (in review)
Globetrotting Block 3 Chicago (in review)
Globetrotting Block 4 San Juan (in review)
Globetrotting Block 5 London (in review)

All of these amateur YouTube videos are free.  If you would like to see my professionally produced quilt DVDs, they are available for purchase:

Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Getting Started
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Quilting Blocks and Borders
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Using Rulers and Templates
Sit-down Longarm Quilting: Thread Work

I have a new Craftsy class all about free-motion quilting.


Purchase the class HERE.



No comments: