Thursday, January 22, 2015

Grand Illusion

I was so excited when I finished Clue #1 of Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion mystery quilt.

I never buy fabric for Bonnie's mystery quilts.  I always use fabric from my stash.  Sometimes, this is a difficult resolve to keep, especially when I run out of a particular color.

For clue #2 two, I was tickled to find a pile of already cut 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" neutral rectangles:


I had to search through my 5" square box to come up with pinks and blacks:


I can cut each one of these into quarters to get the 40 gazillion squares I need for the diamonds of death.

It might be a while before I post a "Yay!  I've finished clue #2!" post.  I think I'm going to struggle making all of those diamonds.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

It will go faster than you think.
When I did mine, I grabbed a stack of neutrals and sewed all of that stack, took a break,came back and sewed another stack. Pretty soon they were done. Isn't it great to have what you need when you need it?!?!