Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sending Out Stuff!

It's time to start sending out stuff!

The first box that I mailed out contained these items:


I mailed these treasures to my mom.

The magazine has two of my quilts in it, one being on the cover!  I have several copies of this magazine and decided to give one away.  Mom had to search through the magazine to see why I sent it.  She asked if the photos of the quilts were taken in my living room; they were taken in the lovely Artwork Network Gallery in Denver, Colorado.  My living room only wishes it could be so beautiful!

The two placemats were pieced quite some time ago in the style of Victoria Findlay Wolfe's 15 Minutes of Play.  I recently quilted them and just finished the hand binding while on my last extended trip.  Mom gushed, "They are so beautiful!  They are bigger than the last ones that you sent me. I don't know if I can use them!"  Um, Mom?  Scrap pieced placemats with black fabric can handle spaghetti dinners and a washer/dryer.

The knitted dishcloths were also finished while in my hotel rooms.  I started knitting dishcloths for Mom to use when I was a little girl and I also used to sell them at a little craft shop for $2.  Mom always wants more dishcloths and she says that the lady who runs the shop still asks if I'll knit some for her, too.  Every once in a while, I grab the old needles and some cotton from my yarn stash and make a stack of them for mom and the craft shop lady to fight over.  Mom always seems confused when I refuse the $2.  I can't tell you how much this makes me smile.

My house doesn't look much emptier with these items gone, but I enjoyed mailing them out.  I'm now plotting my next "sending out stuff" mission.

What will it be?

1 comment:

iamaquilter2 said...

Thank you for the heads up on the magazine. Off to the store to find a copy.